Wednesday, June 24, 2020

NYT Spelling Bee: MELONFOLK

Grid:

My Genius list:

Real pangram: MENFOLK

Fake pangram: MELONFOLK

A genre of music blending traditional folk melodies with Shannon Hoon inspired vocals.

Difficulty: Medium

I put in MENFOLK instantly, but it took me a normal amount of time to attain Genius status.  17 of the 20 words I found were four letters, and only the pangram was longer than five letters, so I didn't find this one all that interesting.

Olio: A few words I always try to enter even though I know they're not valid: MOONMEN, FOMO, MOOK.  I like that LEMON and MELON are fruit anagrams.  Maybe there is a crossword puzzle theme in there (FRUIT SALAD?) -- or maybe there isn't, and I should leave it alone, lest I try to force a theme and spend a bunch of time constructing a bad puzzle.

No comments: